John Legend Addresses Backlash To His ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ Remake

The “All of Me” singer released a modern version of the Christmas classic featuring Kelly Clarkson.

Chamillionaire Launches $100,000 Competition for Minority-Founded Startups

Hip-hop continues to grow and it encourages others to do the same! According to CNBC, Hakeem “Chamillionaire” Seriki is holding a $100,000 competition to assist a minority-founded startup company.

The pitch competition has already started and will continue until Dec. 6, 2019. To enter, startups should download the Convoz app for iOS or Android and click on the banner at the top of the home feed to see the contest details and rules. The Texas rapper has also enlisted the help of West Coast rapper and investor Earl T. “E-40” Stevens and FUBU’s Daymond John, along with the equity investing platform, Republic, to assist with the selection of the winner.

Chamillionaire appeared on CNBC’s Squawk Alley this week to discuss the latest competition. “Being an entrepreneur isn’t easy, but it’s even harder for minority and women-led companies,” he said. “These people are solving new and unique problems and I think the only thing in their way is capital.”

“When people say they can’t find African American startups to invest in, it just sounds a little crazy to me,” Chamillionaire said. “At one point I was getting 30 candidates a month, but when I said I only wanted to invest in women or minorities, I started getting just two candidates a month.”

Daymond John adds, “I am so excited to be one of the judges in the $100,000 pitch competition,” he said. “If you feel that you are ready to pitch and knock it out of the park, I cannot wait.”

He also made the announcement on his Instagram feed.

Earlier this year, Chamillionaire, launched a contest for black-founded startups and invested $10,000 in the winner. Then, for round two, he, along with Earl “E-40” Stevens, and the equity investing platform Republic, teamed up to award a minority and/or women-founded startup with a $25,000 investment. The contest was announced on Convoz, an app and social video conversation platform that Chamillionaire launched last year.

Alicia Keys Had The Best Response To Her Son Feeling Ashamed Over Rainbow Manicure

The singer called for fewer “labels” and “more expressions” in an inspiring video on Instagram.

Is Ray J Trying To Get President Trump to Pardon Suge Knight?

It looks like Ray J is following in the footsteps of his ex-girlfriend, Kim Kardashian. According to The Source, William Norwood Jr. aka Ray J is trying to talk the Trump administration into releasing Marion “Suge” Knight from prison.

Suge is currently in prison serving time after he pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter in a fatal 2015 hit-and-run and reached a plea deal for a 28-year sentence.

According to Daily Mail, Ray J’s move follows Kardashian’s own efforts in criminal justice reform that saw Trump grant former drug trafficker Alice Johnson clemency in 2018. She also played a part in getting another prisoner, Momolu Stewart, released after meeting him at the prison while she was shooting for her upcoming documentary Kim Kardashian West: The Justice Project. According to Oxygen, after meeting him, she wrote a letter of support to the judge and as a result, his life sentence was reduced to time served plus three days by Washington D.C. Judge Robert Salerno on Oct. 4. He was also given five years of probation.

“Ray J is very competitive and always has been. He saw what Kim was able to do with her work in the criminal justice system with the Trump administration and he is determined to show he can do the same,” a source told DailyMailTV. “He’s adamant that he can convince Trump to pardon Suge and that people will respect him for doing so.”

It’s being reported that Ray J has been trying to meet with Trump at the White House, but the administration has been pushing for the entertainer to join the president on the road at one of his political rallies. Ray J has been invited to fly with the president on Air Force One to rallies in Lake Charles, Louisiana, or Dallas, Texas but couldn’t make it due to scheduling conflicts.

Ray J seems to think he won’t face similar backlash that has affected other black entertainers, like Steve Harvey and Chrisette Michele, who have aligned themselves with the divisive Trump. He feels he’ll survive and maybe thrive like Kanye West has in the eyes of his true fans.

How To Tell Your Family Being Home For The Holidays Isn’t Good For You

Here are the best ways to set boundaries with your relatives and protect your mental health.

Idris Elba Is Driving with Ford to Launch Electric Mustang-Inspired SUV

According to People, British actor Idris Elba is teaming up with Ford Motor Co. to help launch its newest vehicle. The automaker revealed that the 47-year-old actor and director will be serving as a “creative partner” with them to help launch an all-electric Mustang-inspired crossover, which will be revealed at the Los Angeles Auto Show taking place on Nov. 17.

“Most people don’t know this, but I worked at Ford as a young guy,” Elba said. “My dad also worked at Ford. It’s practically in my blood. So working on this project and getting behind the wheel of a car that takes us all towards the future feels like things coming full circle, but with more exhilaration and tech,” Idris Elba.

The heartthrob had previously helped promote another vehicle. In 2015, he went on a tour of Europe to promote the merits of the Jaguar XE. 

In 2013, in an article by Irish Examiner, he recalls deciding to pursue an acting career, “It happened at a time when I wasn’t making any money from it. I was doing a night shift at the Ford factory in Dagenham with my dad and I knew that if I stayed there, I’d be a lifer. I took the moment to say, ‘Stop. Go for it.’

“The next morning, I took a flight to New York. I didn’t get a job. I tried to get into the Lee Strasberg school but there was all sorts of red tape. But it gave me the energy to come back and do it. When I got back to London, the first thing I did was get a play.”

In May 2007, Elba was on People‘s annual 100 Most Beautiful People in the World and in 2013, he was named Essence‘s Sexiest Man of the Year. Being ranked No. 2 on People‘s annual Sexiest Man Alive in 2013, five years later, on Nov. 5, 2018, he won the top honor. In 2015, he was named one of GQ magazine’s 50 best-dressed British men and in the following year, 2016, Elba was listed as one of the Most Influential People in the World by Time magazine.

As of May 2019, his films have grossed over $9.8 billion at the global box office, including over $3.6 billion in North America, where he is one of the top 20 highest-grossing actors. The actor was recently seen as a villain in the Fast & Furious spinoff movie Hobbs & Shaw.